Saturday, May 19, 2012



First of all a high five to all those who got through the IITJEE exam. Now that the rat race is over you have another big challenge to choose the institute and the course.Trust me the combo to get is really tiring.I am not here to suggest you the either as you are most capable of this task.I am here to give information about IIT-BHU.

Two years back I was in the same position as you are now and I got through the same dilemma as you must be going when the counselling starts. If u don't have under 1000 rank then its highly confusing to make the choice.So I have some information about the newly upgraded IT-BHU to IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
IT-BHU was earlier an integral part of BHU, one of the most prestigious university of the country.Now that
the Institute of Technology Act has been passed by both the houses of the parliament and this institute becomes an IIT as per the act.The details of the act is available at itbhu.ac.in .

This Institute already has a big name in the education industry as well as in the market as a brand. Regarding the facilities provided by the institute I assure you will get all the facilities as in any top institutes of the country and as the upgrade is done the infrastructure will boost to many folds.The campus in currently within the 1600 acre of BHU campus along the holy ganga river and is lush green.Varanasi is not a big city in fact I don't like it personally as there is not much places to hangout except the ghats which becomes boring after so many visits but as you enter the campus there is so much peace and greenery that you will fall in love with the beautiful campus. The campus is very vast and has a famous sri sunder lal hospital within the campus and many faculties of science,arts,commerce, a medical institute,an agricultural institute and of course our IIT (our dream).
The replica of Vishwanath temple in the campus is very cool place to hangout and the food shops there are just awesome.

This institute was previously governed by the BHU administration but as per the bill passed it now becomes independent.Now it will get more funds and better governance to lead this institute to better ranking among the IITs.The institute already has immensely successful Alumni. The official site for the alumni association is itbhuglobal.org and also in http://www.paniitalumni.org/.
Although the institute site is not updated with the IIT name because some procedures still need completion in the conversion and will be very soon. I list here the remaining steps:

Rajya Sabha Chairman sends the passed bill to President of India
President of India signs the bill by verifying that all legal steps are taken
President sends bill to Law Ministry for review
Law Ministry informs IT and BHU about govt. decision and requests compliance with the necessary steps(separation of IT from BHU, sharing of resources/facilities on campus)
IT and BHU informs govt. that all required steps are taken
The Bill is published in India govt. Gazette Extraordinary
After publication, the Bill becomes Act and the institute is officially known as IIT

The entire process will take few weeks.
Let the things change after this conversion and I now tell you the earlier facilities which I got.If you aim at all round personality development this is the place for you i will confess IIT-D and IIT-B are best but still if you can't get good branch there then with a good branch and an IIT degree and all the facilities this is satisfying till now and after conversion i must tell you this should be in your consideration.The sporting facilities are just too awesome.Wanna play cricket you will get freaks here with all the facilities you would expect in any sports academy.Football,squash,basketball,lawn tennis you name the game everything is available here.I personally enjoyed indoor badminton stadium.

Now coming to the studies all the branches are superb and if you want to see Viru Sahastrabudhhe the 3idiots's character you will find many specially in mechanical department. And some profs are really boring and some an honor to learn from them.The placement has been good so far but due to increment in seats,getting the dream job has become difficult as in all other IITs.
Hostel facilities are good but not great,there is LAN problem,mess food is good but co-operative mess i don't personally like it,rooms are not for two students accommodation but due to seat increment we have to adjust as same in any IIT. Three new hostels are under construction and they are really nice and modern.One thing that hostels here have that i love, is the beautiful lawns and large open spaces. its a beautiful scenery from the balcony.All these short comings will be removed very soon as large funds will be available in the institute after conversion.I myself waiting for this summer break to over so that I start seeing the change.

I don't want to boast about my college as there is no need and its true there are areas that need improvement and hopefully it will be improved as now it is an IIT.I was a bit disappointed 2 years back when I took admission here because it lacked an I in IIT but that is not the case now so I assure you should come and live your dreams here if you are in search of good branch and cant get in top 3 IIT's.

I hope I presented myself in a fair manner and hope I might be a help to JEE students to make their choice.I here did't make comparisons with old IITs or new IITs as I don't know the answer myself truly but I would have suggested my brother and sister to join IIT-BHU now as it is also an IIT now.So choose over new IITs as this institute has got its own campus and better facilities and same IIT degree.Regarding old IITs good branches here will be an better option for below 1000 rankers.Wish you all the best for you success, its party time go enjoy your success.

Your friend and your senior if you join IIT-BHU ;)
ALI




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic goοds from you, man. Ι've take into accout your stuff previous to and you are simply too excellent. I really like what you've гeceіved
    hеre, rеallу lіκe what you're saying and the best way wherein you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.
    Also visit my blog post :: pikavippii

    ReplyDelete